Browse Items (2 total)

T-8 (1)_1.jpg
The original LIRR station and freight house located just west of Main Street (25a) in Cumsewogue.  The name was changed to Echo a few years later and eventually Port Jefferson Station.  Note the fence behind the engine denoting the end of the tracks…

RR Sta with message  Jack Smith collection_1.jpg
Dean Alvord, developer of Belle Terre in conjunction with Ralph Peters, President of the LIRR had this neoclassical pergola like Stanford White designed station built in 1905, as a fitting gateway to their planned community.  A road was constructed…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2