Arthur Greene photo looking south on Terryville Road, circa 1900. The Terryville Union Hall is on right. Thomas Terry was the first of the Terry brothers to settle in the area then known as Cumsewogue. His house is in background on right. Daniel Terry, Thomas’ brother, is in the road with his three cows. His property and pond are on the left. Arthur Greene’s assistant and wagon pulled by his piebald horse sit on the side of the road. Note that Whitman Avenue has yet to be cut east to Jayne Boulevard.
Photograph courtesy of the Cliff Terry Collection
“Union Hall,” Comsewogue Local History, accessed December 5, 2023, https://localhistory.cplib.org/items/show/4.